Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Pretty Tough Tuesday


Today, I'm blogging over at Pretty Tough.  I'm profiling Hannah Fulk, an infielder from Ohio and Jamie Roland, a California catcher. Both amazing athletes won the March Pretty Tough Screwball Essay contest! You go, girls! 

Speaking of girl power, I'm so psyched that Danica Patrick won the Japan 300 on Sunday. She's the first ever female driver to win a Indy Car race in the sport's history. My brother and dad are HUGE Indy Car fans and I've watched and gone to way too many races in my lifetime (I'm not really a big fan of car racing) so to see a girl take the checkered flag is amazing. 

What's everyone reading? Or what's on your TBR pile? 

I'm reading and loving Violet on the Runway by the fabulous, Melissa Walker. I love books that make me think and VOTR is definitely on my mind. Fantastic work, Melissa! :)

Screwball News: Check out Marjolein's Book Blog for another great review of Screwball. Thanks, Marjolein! 

4 comments:

PJ Hoover said...

Indy car racing is cool. Go, Danica!
Finishing up Uglies by Scott Westerfeld here. It's always nice when I enjoy something and know there are more books in the series already written and waiting!

Anonymous said...

Great review. Congrats to you!

Amazon is being Very Slow with my copy of Screwball (though I did finally get a mail-out confirmation yesterday!), so I've been reading other stuff. Mostly the manuscript I'm working on, but I did take a break for some other books.

Keri Mikulski said...

PJ - Yes, I'm looking forward to Violet By Design.. :)

Amy - Yuck! I'm so sorry it's taking long. I'll pass word to my publisher. Good luck with the manuscript.

Unknown said...

just finished the thorn birds. now i'm reading the scarlet letter. read it in high school, but thought i'd give it another go-round! :)