Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Career Addiction

I have a confession. It's kind of embarrassing. In fact, my family and friends bust on me constantly about this confession. 

I've kind of had a lot of careers...

1. Registered Nurse
2. Teacher 
3. Personal Trainer
4. Insurance rep
5. Lifeguard
6. Coach (this one stuck)
And the list goes on and on and on... 

But, I've finally stopped the madness since I started writing. In fact, I've had the same career for three years now. I think it's because I can live through my characters. :) 

I'm blogging about my fave and least fave jobs over at fabulous Tera Lynn Child's blog. Check it out here. And congrats to TLC for her not one, but TWO 2009 RITA nominations!! Yay!! :) 

What is or was your fave job? Your least fave job? 

Have a great day, everyone! :) 

13 comments:

Jessica Burkhart said...

My fave job? Author! :) Shocker, huh?

Alyson Noel said...

Fave job- Author, no doubt! Least fave, office work-didn't suit me!

Anonymous said...

People with multiple careers are interesting...

Pursuing publication is the one thing I've stuck to the longest when it comes to difficult pursuits.

As for jobs, they've all been publishing-related: typesetting, production editing, technical writing... I've loved them all.

So I don't think I have least favorite jobs - just least favorite companies. :)

Diana Dang said...

Haha, I never worked asides Dairy Queen and I hated it. But I am curious on what kind of jobs I would go through in the future.

Dru said...

My least favorite job was working at a medical lab.

My favorite job was working as a statistical clerk.

Kaitlyn said...

I just got a job at the zoo!

Keri Mikulski said...

I'm with you, Jessica!

I'm with you too, Alyson. Hated my office work. ;)

Thanks, Kathy! Wow.. I would love the publishing experience. Great stuff for writing.

How exciting, Diana, to think about what's in your career future!! I would love to work at Dairy Queen. Yum. :)

A medical lab sounds interesting.. I barely passed statistics. What did you keep stats on??

Kaitlyn!!!! We're always at the zoo. What section???

D.A. Riser said...

Well, there's always something to be said for variety. If you want a good read on a famous author, read Louis L'Amour's autobiography, "Education of a Wandering Man." He definitely had a wide variety of jobs. It's also a good book to gain insights on his success as a writer.

Barrie said...

You know what job I always thought would make me miserable (and I'm sure it would've)? Aerobics instructor!

Keri Mikulski said...

Thanks for the recommendation, D.A.! I will definitely check it out. :)

:) Barrie.. I still can't figure out how they talk and workout at the same time.

Unknown said...

hee. this reminds me of the year that i had 6 W2 forms! :) my current job is my longest held job, but i think i'm ready for a change! :)

Kaitlyn said...

I am going to be working in the shop selling over priced toys but I get to use the stuff animal stuffer thing.

Keri Mikulski said...

Hi, Virginia! You and I could really talk jobs.. Hmm.. One year, I think I had.. four or five. Six is pretty impressive. :)

Yay, Kaitlin! I love the shop. :)