Friday, January 15, 2010

Sporty Saturday Spotlight

sportyspotlight3

This Saturday the sporty spotlight shines bright on fourteen-year-old BMX racer and road cycling mountain biker, Mary Mae Duarte. Check out Mary’s interview below where she shares her fave BMX moment, how she balances school and sports, and much, much more.


Name: Mary Mae Duartemary-sporty saturday spotlight


Age: 14


Sport(s): bmx racing and freestyle road cycling mountain biking


Hometown: Riverside, California


High School: Citrus Valley High School


What’s your fave sport? bmx racing


What was your fave sporty moment or memory?


My favorite moment while racing bmx was when I finally jumped for my first time.


What was the biggest lesson you’ve learned from playing your sport?


Never give up! And once that gate goes down keep it pedaling!


What have you learned about teamwork?


When you’re all together we all equal as one person. Nothing will be able to happen if one person doesn’t get along with someone else.


How do you balance school and sports?


My dad makes me finish all my homework before I can go anywhere or do anything!


Who’s your fave athlete, both male and female?


My favorite male would have to be Brian Deegan and my favorite female is Danica Patrick! (:


What’s the girliest thing you like to do? (Pretty Tough signature

question)


HA OMG! The girliest "things" I LOVE to do are get my nails done, go shopping, make sure my makeup is perfect! haha (:


Thanks, Mary! I agree. Danica Patrick is amazing. Best of luck with your sports career.


Do you or someone you know want to be spotlighted? Send an email to Keri Mikulski at kerimikulski(at)gmail(dot)com.


Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

Vivian Mahoney said...

I love Mary's answers. Wonderful spotlight!

Kelly Polark said...

What an athletic beauty! Love the black and pink ensemble! :)

PJ Hoover said...

You pick the most awesome kids to feature. What fun!

Keri Mikulski said...

Thanks, Vivian! :)

Me too, Kelly. :)

Thanks, PJ! SSS is a blast. :)

Angela said...

Great interview!

Alyssa Goodnight said...

I love the comments on teamwork!!! That's true in all aspects of life. Great interview!

Kelly H-Y said...

So awesome!!! Love these spotlights!

Keri Mikulski said...

Thanks, Angela, Alyssa, and Kelly! :)

-blessed holy socks, the non-perishable-zealot said...

Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw… Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most-extra-blatant-and-groovy, pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy-Reality-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, robustNrisquĂ©, party-hardy, eternal-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-smmmokin’-hot-deal. YES! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Meet me Upstairs. Cya soon...